There will be NO WAC General Members meeting in December,
The next General Members Meeting will be on January 29, 2020
Elections are Scheduled to be Held at This Meeting
Important Update to All WAC Members
From: The WAC Board of Directors
RE: WAC Membership Rates & Fees
Effective Date: November 1st, 2019
The Board of Directors has been working on a range modernization plan as we approach our fourth decade. Over the past few years, we have worked to increase the number of shooting bays and shore up older ones. With safety and added shooting discipline interests driving our modernization, we feel we have managed to strike the right balance between providing ample shooting opportunities with a safe environment that the whole family can participate in. We’re very proud of the Shooting Environment we’ve created; our current approach is to modernize the berms and make our facility one of the safer shooting ranges in the country.
We offer multiple public line ranges, numerous disciplines to test all levels of skill, and manage to do all of this within the city limits. And for the most part, we do all of this mostly with Volunteers, many of them members just like you. However, from time to time, we do need to hire professional help to make sure anything we build will be up to, or exceed current City Standards for Safety and, are well within municipal building codes. It goes without saying, this increases our operating costs substantially.
Effective Friday November 1st, we will no longer collect a daily public range fee for members, saving you and your family members $3.00/person every time you come and shoot on the public line. If you participate in a discipline, those fees will remain in place, as will the daily guest fee of $20/day on the public line. Our Annual Membership Fee will increase to $200.00 per year. As with our current structure, Associate Members are included and children can use the Public Line free of charge when accompanied by an Adult.
Our newly automated online Membership portal located within the Secure WAC Website is constantly being refined and after a year of testing and debugging, we think we’ve managed to free ourselves of most of the gremlins. Over the next few months, we’ll be adding an advanced QR-Code to all your Membership cards, this will be linked electronically, in real-time, to your membership account and will give you easier access to the public ranges. The RO’s will have a scanner at the Range Shack Entrance and we may add another scanner at the Club House to help us keep track of meeting attendees and work party members. The long-term goal is to do away with the membership cards you receive in the mail and have you use a ‘Virtual Card’ on your Smart Phone – this is a long-term goal that we’ll take as slowly or as fast as our membership permits –as always, we will offer an option for an actual membership card.
We trust that you will continue to support us and our efforts to provide a safe and fun shooting environment within the city limits; the Wyoming Antelope Club (WAC) is truly a gem and we look forward to serving you and your families for years to come.
Sign Up for Member Text Alerts
Receive timely info on your Cell Phone
Simply Text the keyword: 'Wacmembers' to 474747
Become an RO - Training Now Available, Learn More Here
Welcome to the Wyoming Antelope Club!
We are the largest Public Shooting Range in Pinellas County hosting many different activities for every age and interest. Browse our website to find a discipline that fits your interest, then come out to see us.
3700 126th Ave N
Clearwater, FL 33762
727-573-3006 (Only answered during range hours)
Dress code is important to safety. Most people do not think much about it before visiting the range but here are a few specifics of dress code at the range.
No low cut collars – Brass is hot and will go into any opening
Closed toe shoes only, no sandals or flip flops
Eye and Ear protection at ALL times
Hats are suggested but not required
No Profanity – We have kids
Public Range Hours
9:00am – 1:00pm Tuesdays
9:00am – 1:00pm Wednesdays
9:00am – 1:00pm Thursdays
9:00am – 8:00pm Fridays
9:00am – 5:00pm Saturdays
9:00am – 5:00pm Sundays
Public Range is dependent on special events.
Please check our calendar for any special event that may restrict or close the public line
ALL Firearms must be encased when brought to the public line.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult willing to take responsibility for their actions.
Please see our public line for a complete set of rules.
Pistol Range: 12.5 yards
Pistol/Rifle range: 25 yards
Rifle Range: 50 Yards
Rifle Range: 100 yards
- Members: NO Public Line Fees
- Included in Membership fees as of 1/11/19
- Guests of Members: $10/day
- General Public: $20/day
Public Range Rifle Rules
- All center fire rifles may be loaded to magazine capacity and fired with at least 2 second intervals per shot. The center fire rifles must be fired from the bench as per existing range rules.
- Rim fire rifles may load magazines to capacity.
- All center fire rifles must be fired from the bench; no off-hand shooting.
- Rim fire rifles may be fired from the bench or off-hand. (Exception — Bench only on the 100 yard range.)
- Muzzle loader/black powder rifles may be fired from the bench or off hand. (Exception — Bench only on the 100 yard range.)
- Spotting Scopes located on thePublic line are for R.O.s only.
Public Range Pistol Rules
- Handguns may load magazines to capacity with at least a 2 second intervals per shot. All other range rules apply.
- Pistols chambered for rifle cartridges shall only be shot from the bench at all positions.
Public Range Shotgun Rules
- SHOTGUNS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE PUBLIC LINES
- NO AUTOMATIC FIREARMS OF ANY KIND on Public Lines.
See Frank Gaughen or Joe Zawacki for details about using Automatic Firearms.
- Some class 3 firearms and devices may be fired with proof of license. See range officer for details.
- A firearm is considered “safe” if encased or if unloaded with the magazine removed and action or cylinder open in such a manner as to make it physically impossible to fire.
- Firearms must be brought to the firing line encased and removed only when the line is “hot”.
- All firearms must be fired from the bench on the 100 yard line.
- All firearms must be “safe” and shall not be handled during the periods that the line is called “cold”.
- All unattended firearms on the line shall be left “safe” with the actions open, magazines out and chambers empty or cylinders open.
- Calibers up to but NOT including 50 caliber BMG are allowed.
- Firearms “going automatic” shall be made safe and removed from the range.
- No shooting is permitted on any range unless there is a Range Officer present and in control.
- Ear and eye protection are mandatory for anyone on the concrete pad when the line is “hot”.
- Persons not firing shall not be on the firing line (except for spotters, coaches and adults supervising minors).
- All persons under the age of 18 require immediate adult supervision at our range. The supervising adult must be within arm’s length of the shooter and not be shooting in another position. If a minor is firing a rifle or handgun even with immediate adult supervision, it will be the Range Officer’s final decision as to whether that minor has the experience necessary to fire that firearm. If not, the Range Officer may stop them from shooting. Note: there is no minimum age for shooting at our range.
- The muzzles of all firearms must be pointed in a safe direction at all times and encased while moving from firing position.
- No persons may go forward of the concrete pad/firing line during the period the line is deemed ‘hot’.
- Bulk amounts of black powder are not to be brought to the line. Flasks and horns must be filled in the parking lot maximum 1 pound.
- No rapid or uncontrolled fire as judged by the Range Officer.
- Any firearm deemed “unsafe to fire” by Range Officer shall be encased and removed from the Range.
- Absolutely no alcohol is allowed on the range. This includes any person under the influence of alcohol. (Alcohol is allowed only within the clubhouse.)
- No smoking in front of the yellow, line.
- Any person exhibiting a lack of due care or proficiency will be immediately ordered to cease fire and told to leave the Range.
- No guns are allowed to be put out for sale at any of our ranges.
- No civilian shall wear a holstered handgun (with the exception of specific action pistol events and uniformed law enforcement).
- No human silhouette targets shall be used during club operating hours unless sold by the Club.
- Only one paper target is allowed per frame. (Multiple bull’s eye target permissible.)
- Purposeful destruction of frames or facilities will NOT be tolerated. A penalty of $25.00 minimum will be assessed for purposeful destruction of club facilities.
- No exploding targets or tracer ammunition is allowed.
- Shooters may only retrieve their brass.
This Week @ WAC
Memberships are available to our club.
Applications are available at the public range.
Current Rates are
$250 First Year
$200 Annual Renewal
Discounts available for Active Military