Wyoming Antelope Club
3700 126th Ave N
Clearwater, FL 33762
727-573-3006 (Only answered during range hours)
Public Range Hours:
9:00am – 1:00pm Tuesdays
9:00am – 1:00pm Wednesdays
9:00am – 1:00pm Thursdays
9:00am – 8:00pm Fridays
9:00am – 5:00pm Saturdays
9:00am – 5:00pm Sundays
Public Range is dependent on special events.
Please check our calendar for any special event that may restrict or close the public line
ALL Firearms must be encased when brought to the public line.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult willing to take responsibility for their actions.
Please see our public line for a complete set of rules.
Pistol Range: 12.5 yards
Pistol/Rifle range: 25 yards
Rifle Range: 50 Yards
Rifle Range: 100 yards
Memberships are available to our club. Applications are available at the public range.
Current Rates are
$200 First Year
$130 Annual Renewal
Discounts available for Active Military
- No shooting is permitted on any range unless there is a Range Officer present and in control.
- Ear and eye protection are mandatory for anyone on the concrete pad when the line is “hot”.
- Persons not firing shall not be on the firing line (except for spotters, coaches and adults supervising minors).
- All persons under the age of 18 require immediate adult supervision at our range. The supervising adult must be within arm’s length of the shooter and not be shooting in another position. If a minor is firing a rifle or handgun even with immediate adult supervision, it will be the Range Officer’s final decision as to whether that minor has the experience necessary to fire that firearm. If not, the Range Officer may stop them from shooting. Note: there is no minimum age for shooting at our range.
- The muzzles of all firearms must be pointed in a safe direction at all times and encased while moving from firing position.
- No persons may go forward of the concrete pad/firing line during the period the line is deemed ‘hot’.
- Bulk amounts of black powder are not to be brought to the line. Flasks and horns must be filled in the parking lot maximum 1 pound.
- No rapid or uncontrolled fire as judged by the Range Officer.
- Any firearm deemed “unsafe to fire” by Range Officer shall be encased and removed from the Range.
- Absolutely no alcohol is allowed on the range. This includes any person under the influence of alcohol. (Alcohol is allowed only within the clubhouse.)
- No smoking in front of the yellow, line.
- Any person exhibiting a lack of due care or proficiency will be immediately ordered to cease fire and told to leave the Range.
- No guns are allowed to be put out for sale at any of our ranges.
- No civilian shall wear a holstered handgun (with the exception of specific action pistol events and uniformed law enforcement).
- No human silhouette targets shall be used during club operating hours unless sold by the Club.
- Only one paper target is allowed per frame. (Multiple bull’s eye target permissible.)
- Purposeful destruction of frames or facilities will NOT be tolerated. A penalty of $25.00 minimum will be assessed for purposeful destruction of club facilities.
- No exploding targets or tracer ammunition is allowed.
- Shooters may only retrieve their brass.
Public Range Rifle Rules
- All center fire rifles may be loaded to magazine capacity and fired with at least 2 second intervals per shot. The center fire rifles must be fired from the bench as per existing range rules.
- Rim fire rifles may load magazines to capacity.
- All center fire rifles must be fired from the bench; no off-hand shooting.
- Rim fire rifles may be fired from the bench or off-hand. (Exception — Bench only on the 100 yard range.)
- Muzzle loader/black powder rifles may be fired from the bench or off hand. (Exception — Bench only on the 100 yard range.)
- Spotting Scopes located on thePublic line are for R.O.s only.
Public Range Pistol Rules
- Handguns may load magazines to capacity with at least a 2 second intervals per shot. All other range rules apply.
- Pistols chambered for rifle cartridges shall only be shot from the bench at all positions.
Public Range Shotgun Rules
- Shotguns with slugs will be treated as center fire rifles from the bench only.
- Shotguns fired with shot shells may be patterned under Range Officer control and direction. Patterning may be done on the Multi Purpose Range. See Range Officer for details.
- NO AUTOMATIC FIREARMS OF ANY KIND on Public Lines.
See Frank Gaughen or Joe Zawacki for details about using Automatic Firearms.
- Some class 3 firearms and devices may be fired with proof of license. See range officer for details.
- A firearm is considered “safe” if encased or if unloaded with the magazine removed and action or cylinder open in such a manner as to make it physically impossible to fire.
- Firearms must be brought to the firing line encased and removed only when the line is “hot”.
- All firearms must be fired from the bench on the 100 yard line.
- All firearms must be “safe” and shall not be handled during the periods that the line is called “cold”.
- All unattended firearms on the line shall be left “safe” with the actions open, magazines out and chambers empty or cylinders open.
- Calibers up to but NOT including 50 caliber BMG are allowed.
- Firearms “going automatic” shall be made safe and removed from the range.
Dress code is important to safety. Most people do not think much about it before visiting the range but here are a few specifics of dress code at the range.
No low cut collars – Brass is hot and will go into any opening
Closed toe shoes only, no sandals or flip flops
Eye and Ear protection at ALL times
Hats are suggested but not required
No Profanity – We have kids
New WAC Website
If you are reading this, then you can see that we’ve built a new WAC website; this site is designed to automate the membership process and keep up with the ever evolving technology. We ave moved away from the older ‘Mailed Renewal Card’ system to this new website, which features an online integrated membership system. We encourage all WAC Members to renew online using this website if at all possible. If you were a WAC member on or before March 2018, we’ve already created a record for you on this website. To access your account online, you’ll need to Log In using your Email and establish a new Password (we were able to export most records but NOT Your Passwords!).
Alternatively, you may mail or drop off your renewal to the range shack and we will manually renew your membership.
Please note: Manual Renewals can take upwards of 8 weeks to fully process.
- If you tried to access your account by entering in your Email and got a message that states: ‘No Record Exists’, that simply means that we do not have your current Email address attached to your records.
- If you have an Associate Member attached to your membership, they now have their own dedicated account. They will also need to contact us to get their Email straightened out so they can access their account.
- Current WAC Members
- We strongly recommend that all renewals be handled online
- Simply select the Membership Renewal option and select how you wish to pay – this is a fully automated system designed to give you greater control over your membership
- The system was designed with the idea that you use a Credit Card on the secure checkout page, however, you may opt to complete your renewal and select ‘Pay By Check’ during the checkout process.
- If you Pay by Credit Card – your membership is immediately renewed and you can print your new membership card directly from the website
- If you select the ‘Check’ option, your Renewal will be placed on hold until we receive your check (either by mail or simply drop it off at the Range Shack on the Public Line)
- If you Pay by Check (but renew on this website) – it may 2-4 weeks to fully process your renewal and send you a new card
- As a Full Member, you can ‘Assign/Designate’ an Associate Membership to your Spouse/Partner/Significant Other
- There is no cost for Associate Members, but they must go to the website and complete the online registration.
- Please note: EVERY member has their own, unique members page, regardless of membership level
- We strongly recommend that all renewals be handled online
- Membership Cards
- Our new system enables you to upload a picture of yourself and print your own membership card (complete with your beautiful picture)
- This facilitates entry to the public lines as the new cards also clearly detail your membership status and expiry date
- You can upload a picture when you set up or renew your membership account
- We’ll also help you accomplish this task – simply Email your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name and/or your membership number on the Email and we’ll get you updated
- We will never SELL, SHARE and/or DISTRIBUTE your personal information (including your Email Address with any 3rd party).
- We need your Email Address; this is required to accomplish 2 important things:
- Give you access to the new website (and control over your account), and,
- Communicate more efficiently with the members
If you manage a discipline and would like your information updated and/or scores posted, please send them directly to Dan Price at email@example.com and he’ll ensure it gets to the correct person and updated in a timely manner.